Derby Gold Sponsor for GLI’s Annual Meeting
Derby Supply Chain Solutions was the gold sponsor for the annual meeting for GLI (Greater Louisville, Inc.) This year’s meeting was held at the KFC Yum Center in downtown Louisville. More than 1,400 people attended this event which featured Jeff Immelt, president and CEO of General Electric, as the keynote speaker. During his speech Mr. Immelt focused on his 10 ideas on how to make the United States and Kentucky, in particular, more competitive.
- Have “a profound commitment to innovation and technology.”
- Invest in manufacturing
- Use technology, analytics and scientific study to be more efficient, boost productivity and add jobs
- Don’t be afraid to do business throughout the world
- Decrease regulations
- Focus on work-force training
- Control rising health care costs
- Control the future energy in this country
- Take risks
- Value teamwork
He also discussed his ideas on making a commitment to innovation and technology, controlling healthcare costs, thinking globally and focusing on workforce training. Mr. Immelt was in town to participate in the launch of a new refrigeration line at Appliance Park.
In attendance for Derby was, Diana Herold, Tara Batson, Jacob Kleehamer, Julie Price, Joe Hampton and Bill O’Bryan.